Anti Snoring Pillow Review: My Top 3
You can’t sleep at night and you have become increasingly frustrated and listless as the days have wore on. The cause of your sleeping problems may have been your husband, your boyfriend, your child or those in proximity to you who you can hear snoring so loudly it impedes your sleeping pattern. People believe that snoring is commonplace. More often than not, snoring is actually a potential sleeping problem that may lead to sleep apnea, a sleep disorder that occurs in 4-9% of the population. Typically, snoring isn’t naturally a problem although it can become a problem for the snorer’s loved ones as they are the ones who can hear the snoring. Fortunately, the problem doesn’t have to become a perpetual occurrence in your everyday sleep as new technological advances have been discovered. One of these inventions includes the anti snoring pillow.
In order to understand how a strategically designed pillow can combat snoring, it is important to discuss the patterns with which snoring occurs. Snoring usually occurs when specific portions of the upper airway such as the epiglottis, the hypopharynx, the nasopharynx and the oropharynx are obstructed. These obstructions may be caused by fatty deposits squeezing the upper airway, which is brought about by obesity, smoking, nasal and sinus problems and even age. Upper airway obstruction is also exacerbated by a supine position when sleeping. The anti snoring pillow was inspired by the head tilt chin lift technique typically used in Cardiopulmonary resuscitation. This technique allows the tongue to be further from the back of the throat, thereby opening the upper airway.
The head tilt chin lift maneuver is also known to augment the EMG activity of the genioglossus muscles, which helps to protrude the tongue to prevent it from obstructing the upper airway. Another action of the said maneuver is its ability to tauten the pharyngeal muscles, thereby making it easier for air to flow through. Anti snoring pillows are designed in such a way that the head area mimics the head tilt chin lift technique. These pillows are raised to help the positioning of the neck and to encourage the opening of airways. There are even pillows that are electronically operated which can examine the breathing noises of the snorer and automatically adjust the head position of the pillow by decreasing or increasing the volume of air inside a specific pillow chamber to eliminate snoring.
Anti-snoring pillows are becoming increasingly popular these days considering the number of snorers whose loved ones are suffering from more efficient and more cost-effective compared to other snoring remedies found on the market today. Furthermore, these pillows are not only beneficial to snoring problems, it is also considered to be a good treatment for people with neck and back pains. If you or your loved ones are becoming prisoners of snoring problems then getting a pillow designed to get rid of your snoring is the best way to go. Here are three reviews of the most highly rated pillows for snoring problems:
Anti Snoring Pillow Reviews
1. Tri-Core Pillow - This anti snoring pillow has a plush look and feel and it is suitable for both back and side sleepers. The Microencapsulated phase change materials (MPCM) used to create the Tri-core pillow was originally derived from NASA technology, which helped shield astronauts from temperature swings in space. The Tri-core pillows boasts specifically shaped contours that mold to the person sleeping on them. The pillows’ trapezoid shaped center provides optimum support to the head and the neck, helping the two to be in proper alignment so as to avoid neck pains in the morning. Due to the fact that the Tri-Core pillow supports the cervical area of the spine to be in proper alignment, using this pillow helps alleviate injuries as well as any nerve dysfunction.
The Tri-Core pillow is also hypoallergenic and known to provide long pillow life as well as nearly infinitesimal freshness. While other pillows trap body heat, the Tri-Core pillow manipulates the heat by absorbing the excess and relieving temperature fluctuations to give you a more balanced temperature and restful sleep. This pillow is available in standard and gentle densities, depending on your preference.
2. Therapeutica Sleeping Pillows – This is the only anti snoring pillow on the market that is recommended by the American Chiropractic Association. Its contours make it easy to support your upper back while providing enough room for your shoulders in order to make sleeping more comfortable. It is considered to be a good chiropractic pillow to provide relief for people suffering from neck and back pains. It is also a maintenance pillow as it helps promote optimum health by supporting the body in its proper posture. By sustaining the body in the right alignment, snoring is eliminated completely. The Therapeutica Sleeping Pillow is available in a variety of sizes to ensure that it fits people of all shapes and sizes. This pillow also boasts a 5-year warranty in order to help sustain the pillow’s strength and shape.
3. SONA FDA-cleared Anti-snore and Mild Sleep Apnea Pillow – The SONA pillow is one of the only pillow sold in the market that has been medically proven to help stop snoring and in some cases, can even help relieve mild sleep apnea. Side sleeping is recommended for people who snore as it becomes easier to clear the upper airway. The SONA pillow is designed specifically to encourage snorers to sleep on their side. The contours of the pillow promote the right angles on the jaw, the head and the neck. People should also follow the arm placement instructions in order to acquire optimum results. It is relatively inexpensive and machine washable, which makes for an easy and restful sleep that is free from any worries.
Purchasing an anti snoring pillow is a good step to take towards relieving snoring problems as well as sleep apnea. However, it’s always good to talk to your health provider in order to ascertain that you’re not experiencing any other sleeping complications.
1. Makofsky, H. (1996), “Snoring and Sleep Apnea: Does Head Posture Play A Role?”, Journal of Craniomandibular Practice.
2. Suryawanshi, R. (2010), “Electronically Operated Anti Snoring Pillow”, Computer Engineering and Applications (ICCEA).Anti Snoring Pillow Review: My Top 3,
Related posts:Reduce Snoring and Ease Pain with a Cervical Pillow
Anti Snoring Devices May Also Treat Sleep Apnea
3 Anti Snoring Devices to Consider
3 Easy Snoring Solutions
The Big Question: How Can I Stop Snoring?