Fish Oil Reviews – The Top 3 Fish Oils on The Market
With society leading an increasingly sedentary lifestyle and increased cholesterol intake due to a growing number of fast food chains across the country, it is no surprise cardiovascular diseases is rising at a meteoric rate. Fortunately, the discovery of the unique benefits that fish oil has to offer can with those at risk from contracting heart diseases. Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for its dramatic effects on improving cardiovascular health.
Omega-3 fatty acids decrease the levels of platelet and monocyte activity as well as the production of new cells. When the body produces too much platelet, which is known for its blood clotting properties, it increases the risks of plaque build-up.
Another benefit of fish oil is its ability to decrease low-density lipoproteins, which are considered to be “bad cholesterol”. These low-density lipoproteins embed themselves to the blood vessels, making them harder to get rid of. Less plaque in the blood vessels and less low-density lipoproteins mean less risks of developing coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke. Here are the top 3 fish oil supplements you can choose from to guarantee a healthier heart:
Fish Oil Reviews
1. Kirkland Signature Natural Fish Oil Concentrate with Omega-3 fatty acids – Kirkland has always been a leading pharmaceutical name in the world of supplements and medications and their own take on fish oil is no exception. The fish oil is derived from no less than the freshest anchovies, herrings, salmons, sardines and sprats in the ocean. Soy is also used as an additional ingredient in order to enhance texture, taste and nutrients.
Users of this supplement will be glad to know that this fish oil does not contain any harmful artificial flavors or colors. Common allergens – starch, gluten and yeast are also omitted as well. A lot of people are loyal to the Kirkland fish oil mainly because it doesn’t have the typical fishy smell and it is good quality for its relatively affordable price.
2. Nature Made Fish Oil Omega-3 1200mg – Nature Made is proud to say that the fish sources they used to manufacture their fish oil supplements are fresh and come from the oceans instead of fish farms.
These supplements have undergone meticulous and extensive inspection so as to comply with the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) omega-3 fish oil and United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards. It is created with the use of molecular distillation, which guarantees superior levels of fish oil purity. Without a doubt, this is a truly high quality fish oil and the price reflects this.
3. Barlean’s Organic Oils Fresh Catch Fish Oil Omega-3 EPA/DHA - Barlean’s organic fish oil supplement is made up of highly purified and 100% organic fish oil. It has undergone a five-layer oxidation protection system, which helps keep the supplements interwoven with freshness and nutrients. It also goes under their “Fresh Catch” processing technology which prevents the oil from being damaged by oxygen, heat and light. It is also packaged with a black opaque bottle that helps protect the supplements from sunlight and oxidation.
Reading fish oil reviews are extremely helpful in deciding what fish oil supplement to purchase. However, it’s also important that you talk to your doctor before taking any supplements, especially if you have any maintenance medications.
1. Addis, B. (2009), “Fish Oil and Your Health”, Minnesota Sea Grand (University of Minnesota).
2. Sacks, F. (2011), “Ask the expert: Omega-3 fatty acids”, Harvard School of Public Health.Fish Oil Reviews – The Top 3 Fish Oils on The Market ,
Related posts:Fish Oil May Stave Off Certain Cancers
Fish Oil During Pregnancy
Omega 3’s and You
Krill Oil or Fish Oil
The Health Benefits of Eating Fish